AusBream Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Members Boat | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Classifieds
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to AusBream Forums
 Talkin Bream (General)
 Where are they now
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

donfish
30cm Bream

Australia
100 Posts

Member No: #214

Posted - 14 Nov 2012 :  9:19:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit donfish's Homepage Send donfish a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thought this may be of interest to everyone. This was probably the 1st Bream social run in the Sydney area .It started at Brooklyn boat ramp with a lunchtime weigh-in on Danger Island.

Image Insert:

644.33 KB

Image Insert:

429.45 KB

It will be interesting to know were all these people are fishing now.

Don

DaveW
40cm Bream Bluenose

Australia
567 Posts

Member No: #16

Posted - 14 Nov 2012 :  11:01:27 PM  Show Profile Send DaveW a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm still number 1

DaveW

Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life!
Go to Top of Page

donfish
30cm Bream

Australia
100 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2012 :  11:09:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit donfish's Homepage Send donfish a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am probably the only person on that list with the same boat.
Go to Top of Page

snag
Stonker

Australia
2116 Posts

Member No: #23

Posted - 14 Nov 2012 :  11:53:04 PM  Show Profile Send snag a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by donfish

I am probably the only person on that list with the same boat.

You are don where are the pic's from that?

Supported by Diztec Lures
http://diztek.webs.com/

Edited by - snag on 14 Nov 2012 11:53:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

Matt

Australia
2482 Posts

Member No: #9

Posted - 15 Nov 2012 :  08:49:28 AM  Show Profile Send Matt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
LOL! You know Don, I probably still have the results in the "Social File" at home

It was actually the second, we ran one on the Harbour first. Mick Passau was the man who organised that one (sure I have those results too!!).

The winner of the Dangar Island day was the Hawkesbury Guru, Mick Collins.

Prior to those we had a heap of shore-based Flathead Classics. They were good days, the socials. No pressure, no sponsorships, no egos.

Cheers
Windy

The Windy One
www.sportsfish.com.au
Go to Top of Page

leelee
Stonker

Australia
1506 Posts

Member No: #409

Posted - 15 Nov 2012 :  11:04:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit leelee's Homepage Send leelee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Matt
They were good days, the socials. No pressure, no sponsorships, no egos.

have to agree mate. I was not involved for those few but I think it was not long after. I miss those days and i really really enjoyed those days fishing.

The fun seems to have gone out of the scene now.

Cheers

Lee

Two fish swim into a concrete wall.
The one turns to the other and
says, "Dam!"

N.B Boat picture removed so as not to upset any more people :-)
Go to Top of Page

DaveW
40cm Bream Bluenose

Australia
567 Posts

Posted - 16 Nov 2012 :  7:36:08 PM  Show Profile Send DaveW a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is the only pic I have from that day - Swoffa caught it on the edge of the racks just inside Mullet Creek on a (retrieve hazy memory...........) Captain America 2" Atomic Grub.

The previous night I slept at the boat ramp on the ground under my boat after visiting the Brooklyn drinking establishment.

Image Insert:

149.15 KB

DaveW

Go to Top of Page

snag
Stonker

Australia
2116 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2012 :  11:47:26 PM  Show Profile Send snag a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Some pic's from 2005

Image Insert:

42.96 KB

Image Insert:

62.58 KB

Image Insert:

52.17 KB

Go to Top of Page

snag
Stonker

Australia
2116 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2012 :  11:48:55 PM  Show Profile Send snag a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And who could forget

Image Insert:

65.53 KB

Go to Top of Page

donfish
30cm Bream

Australia
100 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2012 :  8:57:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit donfish's Homepage Send donfish a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's another blast from the past

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKwdSNZXcHY&feature=related

The date of the NTSE Sydney bream tournament was 16/17/18 th of May 2003 and it was run from Woolwich Dockyard at Woolwich.
I mite also add that i dont think it stopped raining for the duration of the tournament and it prooved a point that rain does not affect the fishing in the Parramatta river.

Edited by - donfish on 21 Nov 2012 2:42:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

nargse
10cm Bream

24 Posts

Member No: #4368

Posted - 20 Nov 2012 :  9:23:46 PM  Show Profile Send nargse a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Saw Raffi today! Picked up my boat! Great work s usual ...... That's where he is
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Site Administrator

Australia
1179 Posts

Member No: #2760

Posted - 20 Nov 2012 :  10:08:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow, some young fresh faced anglers there. Great little clip Don. Thanks for posting.

www.ausbream.com.au
www.ausbass.com.au
www.sportsfish.com.au
Go to Top of Page

The Iceman
Stonker

Australia
1351 Posts

Member No: #22

Posted - 21 Nov 2012 :  09:13:44 AM  Show Profile Send The Iceman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Heres me and Tom(stillrockn)hawkesbury social not sure what year

Image Insert:

22.16 KB

TOO COOL TO STRESS
Go to Top of Page

DaveW
40cm Bream Bluenose

Australia
567 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2012 :  8:07:13 PM  Show Profile Send DaveW a Private Message  Reply with Quote
One for Don - 24th November 2002. Caption was Dons first Bream on a plastic...... Where'd that ten years go??????????

Image Insert:

26.73 KB

DaveW

Go to Top of Page

donfish
30cm Bream

Australia
100 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2012 :  8:31:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit donfish's Homepage Send donfish a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Dave and there still there i got another one there this morning went 36cm.Probably the same fish just grown a bit lol

Don

Image Insert:

133.85 KB

Edited by - donfish on 21 Nov 2012 9:02:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

cmj
40cm Bream Bluenose

Australia
749 Posts

Member No: #431

Posted - 21 Nov 2012 :  9:40:11 PM  Show Profile  Click to see cmj's MSN Messenger address Send cmj a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thats a classic video that has been posted somewhere a while ago. The socials were fun, even when it meant driving up from the south coast for the day and driving all the way back that arvo.

If it looks fishy, well then it should hold fish.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AusBream Forums © 2000-2014 AusBream.com.au Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000