AusBream Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Members Boat | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Classifieds
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Talkin' Tackle
 Rods, Reels and Lines
 Cleaning my rod??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

breamtim
20cm Bream

Australia
76 Posts

Member No: #5058

Posted - 14 Nov 2013 :  8:33:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit breamtim's Homepage Send breamtim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What does everyone doto clean their rods? I oil the reel, lightly spray the reel and rod with water and scrub the reel with a toothbrush. Should I be doing more? My Stradic is going fine though. Thanks, tim

PB Bream 40cm PB Jewie 54cm
PM me for homemade balsa poppers

Admin
Site Administrator

Australia
1197 Posts

Member No: #2760

Posted - 15 Nov 2013 :  11:36:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage Send Admin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just some warm soapy water for the rod. The real gets light rinse with fresh water with the drag done up tight. Then excess shaken off and drag lessened off to dry naturally. A light oiling to the moving parts and its ready for he next outing.

www.ausbream.com.au
www.ausbass.com.au
www.sportsfish.com.au
Go to Top of Page

nathanl

Australia
1027 Posts

Member No: #1984

Posted - 16 Nov 2013 :  08:10:09 AM  Show Profile Send nathanl a Private Message  Reply with Quote
^^^^^^^ same for me pretty much! light wash of rod and wipe down with a microfibre cloth

cheers,
Nathan
Go to Top of Page

Shrek
Cockney

Australia
12 Posts

Member No: #5079

Posted - 22 Nov 2013 :  9:42:47 PM  Show Profile Send Shrek a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Spray with fresh water. Been told to keep rod up right
To protect reel unsure if that's true though
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AusBream Forums © 2000-2014 AusBream.com.au Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000