AusBream Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Members Boat | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Classifieds
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Talkin' Tackle
 Advice Please!
 Return to breaming
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

coolsy
30cm Bream

Australia
234 Posts

Member No: #1186

Posted - 10 Sep 2010 :  8:33:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit coolsy's Homepage Send coolsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi guys,

I haven't been breaming for a long time and am planning on fishing the Clyde River next weekend. I was wondering if anyone has been catching fish on the Clyde, and if so where and on what?
any tips would be greatly appreciated.

cheers, Coolsy

ShaneO_27
30cm Bream

Australia
469 Posts

Member No: #2515

Posted - 10 Sep 2010 :  9:09:40 PM  Show Profile Send ShaneO_27 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not to sure about the clyde but the far south coast has been good to me lately just fishing skinny water with a variety of shallow running hardbodies and small plastics. All the little creeks seem to hold fish st the moment. Good luck in the clyde.

My rod is my arm.
Go to Top of Page

Scales
Stonker

Australia
2683 Posts

Member No: #312

Posted - 11 Sep 2010 :  12:44:32 PM  Show Profile Send Scales a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gday mate welcome back to breaming. Usually the Clyde fishes well through the deeper sections with blades, same goes for the reef areas that exists in the same areas. The noted boats right down the front are all above some good bream holding structure also. Try the rockwall edges where it meets the bottom. Up river there is some great snag fishing to be had. Up here you could encounter black bream and the odd EP / bass. I've no idea how well it is fishing but like most places it should be about to kick into gear pretty soon.

Sponsored by:

Frogley's Offshore

www.frogleysoffshore.com.au

"Steve Duff" Kustom Fishing Tools
www.kustomfishingtools.com.au

ACs
www.activecasual.com

Go to Top of Page

coolsy
30cm Bream

Australia
234 Posts

Member No: #1186

Posted - 11 Sep 2010 :  3:32:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit coolsy's Homepage Send coolsy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys, any particular colours of styles of lures, i am guessing what ever it is it should be presented very slowly and in deeper water?
Go to Top of Page

Scales
Stonker

Australia
2683 Posts

Member No: #312

Posted - 11 Sep 2010 :  5:39:36 PM  Show Profile Send Scales a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Pretty much blades in gold or natural colours. Gulp 2" shrimp in pepper prawn, natural or banana prawn fish them on weights from 1/32 for shallower areas under 10ft with no current. 1/16th, 1/12 and 1/8th depending on depth and current. 80mm - 100mm wrigglers bloodworm or wasabi colours fished with 2-3gram heads.

Take some bigger plastics in the 100mm or 5" sizes and fish for a jew also in the deeper holes.

If your throwing blades on the reefs change the hooks to doubles as you will get less snagging.

It wouldn't hurt to drop into one of the local tackle shops for a current update or give them a call. There are three to choose from.

Good luck

Nick

Sponsored by:

Frogley's Offshore

www.frogleysoffshore.com.au

"Steve Duff" Kustom Fishing Tools
www.kustomfishingtools.com.au

ACs
www.activecasual.com

Go to Top of Page

alecos
Cockney

Australia
3 Posts

Member No: #5025

Posted - 11 Nov 2013 :  9:00:47 PM  Show Profile Send alecos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
hi there thinking of going down there this weekend. has anymore had any luck down there at the moment for bream
Go to Top of Page

S2airy
20cm Bream

Australia
50 Posts

Member No: #4717

Posted - 11 Apr 2014 :  7:46:18 PM  Show Profile Send S2airy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Racks seem to produce when I'm down there, I mainly use 2" arrow minnows with 1/32 to 1/40 hidden weights. Or 2" zmans with as light as ya can get away with tts.
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AusBream Forums © 2000-2014 AusBream.com.au Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000