AusBream Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Members Boat | Active Topics | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Classifieds
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Talkin' Tackle
 Rods, Reels and Lines
 DUFFRODS USERS AND INFORMATION
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

leelee
Stonker

Australia
1508 Posts

Member No: #409

Posted - 05 Apr 2011 :  08:24:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit leelee's Homepage Send leelee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok guys. Iím keen to see who out there actually uses Duffrods?

Pretty sure there are quite a few out there and thought maybe we should set up a thread so that any new comers or people asking questions relating to these rods can have a central place to go and look at pics of the rods (add some pics of your rods, come on Nick put them up) and hear testimonies from the users of the products.

Be good to list what you have, why you purchased those particular models and your captures would be a good starting point.

Mods it would be great if we could make this a sticky as well

So away we go and here are some pics of a Custom Kustom I got Steve to make 3-5kg BassStix that enables me to chase snapper, pull bream from heavy cover in deeper water and also to chase big bass and big Togaís-

Cheers

Lee

Two fish swim into a concrete wall.
The one turns to the other and
says, "Dam!"

N.B Boat picture removed so as not to upset any more people :-)

Edited by - leelee on 05 Apr 2011 10:06:52 PM

Scales
Stonker

Australia
2683 Posts

Member No: #312

Posted - 05 Apr 2011 :  6:19:59 PM  Show Profile Send Scales a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll get to it this week. Don't wait for me though Lee you have a few.

Sponsored by:

Frogley's Offshore

www.frogleysoffshore.com.au

"Steve Duff" Kustom Fishing Tools
www.kustomfishingtools.com.au

ACs
www.activecasual.com

Go to Top of Page

grichards
10cm Bream

Australia
38 Posts

Member No: #2610

Posted - 05 Apr 2011 :  8:48:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit grichards's Homepage  Send grichards an AOL message Send grichards a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have and use a Bassstix 762 3-5kg 7 footer with Tic stripper n tip guides with recoils in between. Absolutely love fishing with it, except when the line gets abit loose during casting n ties up in the recoils.
It can cast Chubby style lures ALOT further than anything else that I have used in the past. Actually casts anything ALOT further.
It has an awesome amount of power in the butt section but also the tip is quite soft to launch lures, spinnerbaits etc to Kingdom Come.
I know it's not exactly designed for Bream like Steves Breamstix, but what the hey, dual purpose. Always wash it thoroughly after each outing(fresh & salt). Would put pics up but leelee has the same model as mine just pimped abit more. Cheers Gav.
Go to Top of Page

dizzy
30cm Bream

146 Posts

Member No: #1198

Posted - 07 Apr 2011 :  8:42:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit dizzy's Homepage Send dizzy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
oh yer the best bream rod i have is the 3-5kg bassStix but i recon it should be call the destroyer as it destroy's any chance a fish has to get away.
in fact i am ordering another because they are so good.
i use mine to pull big fish from nasty grounds with 6 - 14 pound leaders.
or when throwing surface lures over rack or rock bars.
if you want a rod that will dictate your term to a fish this is it.
i also use it for Jacks, jewies, snapper and flathead etc.

i high recommend this rod but not with the ******* paint job that Lee has. lol
you don't want to scare the fish away. now you know why the fish always bit my lures when we go fishing Lee. lol lol lol lol.

i also have breamstix"s 1-4kg, 1-5 kg, 1-3kg 7'6" flats rod and a x-860ds 7'2" 1-4kg

Dizzy

the best bream UV hardbody lures at
www.diztek.com.au
Go to Top of Page

leelee
Stonker

Australia
1508 Posts

Member No: #409

Posted - 09 Apr 2011 :  7:52:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit leelee's Homepage Send leelee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ha ha Dizzy. Lets see this winter. I have a few good spots marked out and a dynamite technique for this deeper spots that we need to use this year. Those "new" TT barra setups will just about do the trick.

As for all my other rods well i 2 x 1-4 Camo Stix, a 7'6" flats rod and another custom Kustom coming, this time a X-840

I love all my rods and they get used for everything up here. My 1-4kg Camo Stix see regular sessions with reds over winter and the 7'6" also seeís red action. My 3-5kg Bass Stix has landed a nice solid 6-7kg and a few 2-5kg squire as well.

I love the versatility of Steves rods as I can use them for Bream, Bass and Snapper and anything else I am basically likely to encounter.

Once again Steve thanks for a fantastic product that has truly exceeded my expectations.

Cheers

Lee

Two fish swim into a concrete wall.
The one turns to the other and
says, "Dam!"

N.B Boat picture removed so as not to upset any more people :-)
Go to Top of Page

Steve Emo
Cockney

Australia
10 Posts

Member No: #2124

Posted - 22 Apr 2011 :  7:26:39 PM  Show Profile Send Steve Emo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I will post some pics as soon as mine arrive#58389;

From the Melbourne CBD, Central Breaming District.

Nong Bream have no gears.
Go to Top of Page

beats
40cm Bream Bluenose

Australia
990 Posts

Member No: #509

Posted - 23 Apr 2011 :  11:12:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit beats's Homepage Send beats a Private Message  Reply with Quote
shoulda got the green/purple harliquin & bought an old Emeraldas Lee, super blinged !!!!!

so far in the rack
2 1-4kg Bass Stix, pretty versatile rods could use for anything
1 842 X series, awsome light rod, perfect for hardbodies & #1 when it comes to surface lures.
1 light spiral wrap bait caster, perfect for edge work for Bass, pretty well any of the normal searching lures.
about to get the ball rolling on a couple more, defianately a 7'6"
Flats rod & stil tossing up for the other between another Flats or an 860 X series.
Go to Top of Page

zdream
10cm Bream

Australia
44 Posts

Member No: #2624

Posted - 24 Apr 2011 :  1:30:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit zdream's Homepage  Click to see zdream's MSN Messenger address Send zdream a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Got an 840 and 860 coming :) Will post pics when they arrive which is sometime end of April.
Go to Top of Page

Scales
Stonker

Australia
2683 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2011 :  3:34:17 PM  Show Profile Send Scales a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have a few Duffrods, no I dont take or use them all at once. Depending on the terrain and structure I intend to fish I select the rods I'd expect to use this usually maxes out at six combos.

I have a mixture of Cammo Stix and Steve's new X-Series rods.

Cammo Stix

1 x 6'10" 1-5kg this is my structure rod used for racks snags etc it comfortably throws all lures.

3 x 7' 1-4kg this is what I use as my all rounder and they are suitable to all types of fishing but don't do certain jobs as well as specific rods. There is always at least 2 of these on my boat no matter where I go.

2 x 7'6 1-3kg Typically a flats rod for throwing light lures and jigs a country mile. With their light tip they still have loads in reserve if fished with a low rod angle.

1 x 7' 1-4 that I had built with an exposed reel seat, this rod was designed for specifically throwing blades in the deep. The exposed reelseat leaves the palm of my hand resting on the blank and the sense of touch from this rod is amazing. It can also double for HB's or plastics at a pinch if needed.

X-Series

2 x 860 7'2" 1-4kg, I use these for throwing larger jig heads when fishing deep water, essentially a bream rod it is very much at home if you chased Jews and reds and bass with these rods they are probably the most powerful in the X-series bream range.

2x 842-2 as Beats says they are a HB rod light braid or straight through fluro these suckers perform. With their nice parobolic action they are very forgiving when those bream take a dive at the boat or give aggressive headshakes, don't be fooled though they have handle large 1kg + fish for me in the past.

Cammo Stix

Image Insert:

X-Series 860

Image Insert:

Image Insert:

X-Series 842-2 (Coming soon)

Nick

Sponsored by:

Frogley's Offshore

ACs
www.activecasual.com

Edited by - Scales on 03 May 2011 3:45:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

cowancreekdave
30cm Bream

Australia
392 Posts

Member No: #2357

Posted - 03 May 2011 :  5:48:28 PM  Show Profile Send cowancreekdave a Private Message  Reply with Quote
nice collections... the 842 sounds similar in taper to the.. glx sr842. if so it's something I'll have my eye on

www.creeksterfishing.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

beats
40cm Bream Bluenose

Australia
990 Posts

Member No: #509

Posted - 03 May 2011 :  9:18:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit beats's Homepage Send beats a Private Message  Reply with Quote
very similar action but far better components & value for money
Go to Top of Page

steve duff
10cm Bream

Australia
46 Posts

Member No: #238

Posted - 03 May 2011 :  9:20:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit steve duff's Homepage Send steve duff a Private Message  Reply with Quote
dave, if you like that loomis you'll like these better.
Go to Top of Page

cowancreekdave
30cm Bream

Australia
392 Posts

Member No: #2357

Posted - 04 May 2011 :  1:04:32 PM  Show Profile Send cowancreekdave a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sweet, my only qualm ever with the loomis has been its grips.. they really let themselves down there
Once I'm back in the market for top quality gear I will most likely get in contact.. cheers. In the meantime this is a helpful thread

www.creeksterfishing.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

zdream
10cm Bream

Australia
44 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2011 :  09:16:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit zdream's Homepage  Click to see zdream's MSN Messenger address Send zdream a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Woooo! received my x860 and x840 this morning. I'll open it up soon to have a look.

Pics to come this weekend.
Go to Top of Page

Scales
Stonker

Australia
2683 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2011 :  09:18:56 AM  Show Profile Send Scales a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the club

Nick

Sponsored by:

Frogley's Offshore

ACs
www.activecasual.com

Go to Top of Page

zdream
10cm Bream

Australia
44 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2011 :  10:41:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit zdream's Homepage  Click to see zdream's MSN Messenger address Send zdream a Private Message  Reply with Quote
WOW! I love the feel. Took it out and had a play with it at work while my workmates look at me shaking there head haha.

Light, looks awesome and the grip is brilliant.

As i said, pics and in depth review to follow.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AusBream Forums © 2000-2014 AusBream.com.au Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000